“Clean eating” cookie recipes!
Dessert : one of my most favorite foods to live for:) seriously, I’ll take dessert over wine or beer anyday. Thank goodness I run as much as I do and workout because I don’t go to many days without something sweet. But, I do my part and at least try to make my dessert as healthy as possible. Lets face it, sugar is sugar but I can at least feel better eating a brownie that’s labeled “clean eating brownie” or is that just an excuse to eat more than one serving in one sitting?
I’m sharing with you 3 of my favorite dessert recipes. Please share back in the comments below of websites or recipes you enjoy!
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies (from one of my favorite websites: www.graciouspantry.com)
(Makes approximately 18 cookies)
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
Step 1 – Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Step 2 – Using two teaspoons, scoop and drop the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Step 3 – Bake at 350 F. for 12-14 minutes. You may need to experiment with the timing on these because the thicker they are, the longer they take. 12 minutes is about right if you make them no thicker than 1/2 inch. These cookies will bake up exactly as they are on the cookie sheet. No spreading.
Step 4 – Remove from oven and cool.
Clean Eating Brownies (http://www.elanaspantry.com/brownies/)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
- Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
- Blend in cacao, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
- Grease a 9×13 inch Pyrex baking dish
- Pour batter into dish
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
Makes about 24 brownies
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Clean Eating Magazine)
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
- 3/4 cup Sucanat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.