September “Blast Fat” Challenge
September 4th – 28th Blast Fat!
I’m a doing a challenge with my West Seattle bootcamp program and you can participate too! Below are my food guidelines for during the challenge along with a September calendar loaded with daily challenges for 24 days. Please feel free to share with anyone!
What you need for the challenge:
1) A Notebook
2) Good Attitude
3) Goals: write them down in your notebook
- Include how many days a week you are going to workout
- Include what you want to get out of this challenge
- Include a non-exercise or diet goal
4) A Water Bottle
Follow these guidelines for the entire challenge:
1. Minimize or avoid dairy: This includes cows’, goat’s, or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, and milk (replace with rice, almond, hemp, or coconut milk). For best results and to find out if you have a dairy allergy, I encourage you to not eat any dairy from cows milk during the entire challenge. If you must, limit dairy to your cheat days only
2. Minimize coffee (replace with tea): Coffee has many great benefits such as anti-oxidants, but it is also highly acidic and can raise cortisol (the stress hormone) I encourage you to completely avoid or greatly reduce your consumption. Or, try switching to tea instead.
3. NO Alcohol (If you must save it for your cheat days)
4. No added or processed sugar, white flour, or fried foods Even try to limit the so called “sugar alternatives” those cause the same insulin spike in your blood. And be sure to read labels, because food manufacturers sneak sugar into products. Sugars to look out for that are not allowed include: table sugar, maple syrup, splenda, agave nectar, xylitol, stevia, etc
5. All fruits and veggies are allowed
6. Drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water per day (some days I ask you to drink more according to the calendar)!
7. You get TWO cheat days
8. Do not step on the scale : this challenge is to help change your habits, alter your patterns, and break unhealthy relationships with food. I am not looking for weight loss. I am looking for you to achieve BETTER HEALTH for the REST of your life! Use this challenge to focus on eating better, sleeping better, gaining energy, and making yourself healthier.
WHAT YOU CAN EAT:
Eat real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed.
*the nutrition guidelines come from a book I highly recommend and follow. The book is called “It starts with food” written by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig.
I will be posting helpful tips, recipes, meal planning, and motivation during this challenge, so be sure to check back here regularly. If you have any questions, leave me a comment here and I will get back to you.